Here’s the very first post from my guest blogger Tamie Hoffman of Empire Baking Company. If you’re interested in writing a guest post for Mommy’s Minivan Monologues, email MommysMinivan@gmail.com for more information.
Looking to switch up your meals with a fun twist? Empire Baking Company a Dallas-based artisan bakery, is sharing different ways to transform a challah hot dog bun into tasty, delicious meals and snacks! Whether you prefer savory or sweet flavors, Empire has recipes that everyone is sure to enjoy.
- Spread your favorite peanut butter, (crunchy or smooth!) as the first layer on the challah bun. Top with strawberry jam and crunchy granola. Perfect for breakfast or as a yummy snack!
- Spread Nutella on the bun. Slice a banana and lay over the Nutella spread. Finish with a drizzle of honey.
- Spread pesto on the bun, top with alternating halved grape tomatoes, mozzarella and finish with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Take any strawberry cream cheese of your choice and layer it on the challah until smooth. Top with sliced strawberries and a drizzle of chocolate syrup—perfect for dessert!
- Use your favorite hummus flavor and spread onto the challah bread. Layer on cucumber, carrots and halved grape tomatoes. This makes for the perfect midday snack!
- Start by spreading Dijon mustard onto the challah. Top with Monterey Jack cheese, two pieces of black forest ham, tomatoes and salt and pepper to taste. This makes for a delicious and filling lunch.
- You know what they say, the best way to start the day is with a delicious breakfast! Start by making scrambled eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer the scrambled eggs on top of the challah bun, top with grated cheddar cheese and a cooked sausage link.
Disclaimer: I was not financially compensated for this post. A giveaway item was provided by Empire Baking Company for review purposes.